Kevin: Chapter 36
We celebrated Kevin's birthday today with Mom & Dad & Denise Molldrem. What a fun day! I made delicious ribs & a ramen salad & mom brought bday cake, salad & homemade bread. What a feast! The girls could nearly contain themselves waiting for Dad to open his presents. Francesca gave him a spade/hoe combo tool for gardening & Georgia gave him new work gloves. Orange! His favorite color. Addi gave him some golf balls & I gave him a gift card to his favorite golf shop. We wanted to go there right away after family left, but they didn't have the new GPS for golf that he wants, yet. They willhave it soon! He got t-shirts from the various places we visited this past winter, too. (Addison was napping during these photos.)
Listen to this.....last night we went out on a birthday date to dinner & a movie. We went to Maggiano's and got seated in a fabulous booth. For whatever reason, we usually get seated in the center of the room or by the kitchen. So we were pleased with our table; it was a great start to our evening. The waiter offered us wine & it looked good so, yes we were going to indulge. Except me! I forgot my ID in my diaper bag & I got carded! Of course I told him I didn't have it, and he said," Sorry, maam, I can't serve you." Argg! So I asked him... do I really look 20?! He didn't reply, realizing he was in a Catch-22. I wanted to say, "Hey buddy, anyone you call "maam" clearly is of legal drinking age," but I bit my tongue, and we continued on with dinner. We laughed about it, then went to the movie Leatherheads, which was a terrible movie!!! I demand a re-do of our date!!! Anyways, our dates are fun no matter what, and we got home and all 3 girlies were asleep. Yeah! Happy Birthday to my best friend! I love you!








No comments:
Post a Comment