Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lakeside Memories


Backyard 
The Island
The Boat Landing
My Street

On the morning of my Dad's funeral, I went back to see the house where I grew up.  There are few more houses on the street and the trees seem to have doubled in size, but my house is still there & essentially the same.  My dad put a birdhouse in the backyard probably 30 years ago; it is still there.  It looks like the people who live there still use our old dock & my mom's clothesline!!  Kevin has never driven on a frozen lake, so he was christened on the first lake that I drove on. Lake Julia. So nice to take pictures of places that I loved as a child.

1 comment:

A.H. said...

I can remember sledding in the winter and the tree house in the summer. Good times! As a visitor, I also loved the walk from your house to Grandma and Grandpa's.