My name is Kevin Molldrem, I am a horse power-aholic.

First time ice skating on Lake Mtka.
Uncle made a Snow Buddy

Happy Times with Family
The Perfect Ending to a Perfect Day - Yummy Yule Log
What a great weekend we had with my family. We celebrate Christmas early each year with my family to simplify the hustle & bustle right on Christmas Day. We started the fun with the big girls' Christmas play at school, which was so cute. That's a whole separate post, though! The next day was filled with boosting the economy by Christmas shopping at the MOA and waiting for my brother & his family to arrive. We woke the next day to a sunny 30 degree day & Kevin started clearing a rink on the lake, which I have unpatiently been waiting for!! I loved to ice skate on the lake when I was a kid, and I've been excited for my girls to experience that. Well, the lake is froze about 3 inches thick & thick enough to walk & skate on, so Kevin revved up the snowblower & cleared a rink. The girls ice skated for nearly 4 hours!! It was quite amazing playing on the ice & many times I thought to pinch myself. We had a holiday feast after our day of fun & finished the day with a yule log. The best part of the weekend was simply being together & sharing each other's company. Every one headed home today, and I had the blues from my quiet house. I miss everyone already! We are so blessed.








3 comments:
Your blog brightens my day!
Keep having a great season.
Hi, Jeneen! It's great to see you had a very festive weekend. I remember skating on the ice with you in Wisconsin. If my memories are correct, we were gone the whole day on lake! Ouch, I bet my ankles were hurting! Take care, Amy
Dear Jeneen, I too have many happy memories of summers, and Christmas time in Wisconsin. I have lots of tears reading your blog. Where did the years go to? My family has been going down memory lane when they came to visit their relatives in the Northwoods! I love you. God bless you and your beautiful family. Love Aunt Barb
Post a Comment