"Loons" near our shoreline
Of course I love living on Lake Minnetonka in the summer, but little did I know how much I'd enjoy the lake in the fall and winter. Yesterday, I noticed a huge flock of "loons" in our bay. And I was amazed. I tried to take pictures of all of the "loons", but they were too far away. So I was telling friends yesterday about all the loons that have migrated & are hanging out in our bay. Well, today I was shoveling our driveway & a neighbor walked by. I asked about all of the loons & if they come every year. She informed me that they are Common Mergansers that migrate from Newfoundland down to the Gulf of Mexico. Pretty cool! I wonder if they will make a pit stop in Gideon's Bay next spring on their way back home. So each day brings a new sight on the lake & I'm loving it!
Common Merganser









2 comments:
I love the new Blog look!!!!!!
Way to go!!!
Love,
Diana
Great blog layout!!! I'm jealous. IT looks great.
Post a Comment