Friday, December 26, 2008

Twas the Night before Christmas





Highlights of Christmas Eve:

Wishing my Dad a Merry Christmas.  He's at home, warm & cozy with Jeannine.

Our Saviour Lutheran Church service at 5.  We were in the pew, sitting with coats off 5 minutes BEFORE the service started.  Georgia was able to read along with the bulletin & sang every Christmas song.  Addison, Francesca & Kevin all sat still for an entire hour & 15 minute service.  Goldfish & coloring books helped.  It was so pleasant celebrating Christ's birth in our new church.

Homemade spaghetti & meatballs for dinner.  Yum!  The girls helped clean up so we could open presents.  When the kitchen was clean, it was present time.  I wish I could bottle that motivation for ordinary days!

Presents, presents and presents.  The Molldrems lit the economy on fire once again. The big girls got Nintendo DS games & Addison got an art easel & a baby doll high chair.  Dad got snowshoes & a new iPhone (16gigs!) and mom got a GPS heart rate monitor watch & a life jacket.  I was a little nervous snowshoeing on the lake so Kevin got me a very slim PFD with a small CO2 tank.  If I hit water, it will inflate.  Good ol' Kevin.  Safety first!

Luke 2 pop-up book.  We read about the first Christmas, sang happy birthday to Jesus then had birthday cake right before bed, a tradition we started last year. Francesca asked how old Jesus was this year....2009 I said!  
 
Truly a wonderful life!

2 comments:

DiJo said...

It sounds like a PERFECT night! I need one of those life jackets!!!! I pray your Dad is resting, and that you had a beautiful visit!

Happy New Year!
Diana

Kristin said...

Such cute little ones! Love the pictures.